All repeat prescriptions are computerised.
You can order prescriptions in a number of different ways.
1. Dropping your order into the box on the wall in Reception.
2. On the Phone Mon - Friday 9:00am - 12 midday . Repeat Prescriptions are option 3 on the phone line.
3. On the Internet 24 hrs a day. To do this you must have registered for the service in person at reception.
Please nominate a chemist and your repeat prescription will be sent directly to the chemist.
Please give at least 2 days notice when reordering prescriptions.
It is most efficient if you order all your drugs at the same time. As from May 2015 we will only be giving one months supply of repeat prescriptions. This is to prevent wastage. The practice has to dispose of thousands of unused items every year. In addition to preventing wastage, the GPs and Nurse Practitioners and our Practice Pharmacist are able to monitor ongoing conditions more closely by conducting more frequent medication reviews and recalling patients who need to be seen.
Please allow 2 days before collecting your prescription from the chemist.
You now need to register for our on line services in order to order your repeat medication. If you have not registered for on line appointments previously then please ask for a form from one of the reception team.
Are you taking gabapentin or pregabalin (brand names include Lyrica, Alzain, Neurontin)?
The changes outlined below come into effect from April 2019. These changes follow government consultation because of concerns around misuse and will mean that these drugs become controlled drugs.
What does this mean to me?
There will be changes to the following:
- Prescriptions will expire 28 days from the date on the prescription
- Any pharmacy 'owings' must be collected by the expiry
- Quantities will be reduced to a maximum of 30 days
- Repeat dispensing cannot be used
- You will need proof of identity to collect from a pharmacy
- You will need to sign when collecting your prescription
- Emergency supplies and loans cannot be made from pharmacies if you run out.
Do I need to do anything?
Make sure you get any prescriptions you have dispensed before 1st April 2019. If you are owed any medication by your pharmacy, make sure you collect this before 1st April 2019.